Rethinking 65 Retirement Realities: Featuring Keena Pettijohn and Dorothy Hinchcliff
If you’re a Financial Advisor and you’re not over 65 years old (or retired), how are you qualified to advise clients on transitioning into retirement?
Retirement is one of the biggest transitions we will go through in our lives. And it’s one of the most impactful things we assist our clients with.
However, if we’ve never experienced retirement ourselves, how can we ask the right questions and offer the right advice that retirees need?
There is the potential to make the 65+ demographic a profitable business niche for Financial Advisors – but how can we get this right?
In this episode, Adam Holt and I are joined by Keena Pettijohn and Dorothy Hinchcliff, who share some expert insight into how Financial Advisors can support their clients past the age of 65 and make a profitable business out of it.
In this episode, along with Keena and Dorothy, we discuss:
- The difference between healthspan and lifespan.
- How advisors need to rethink the post-65 demographic as a profitable business niche.
- The challenge and opportunity to grow AUM for clients in the distribution phase.
- How to do more than just ‘investments’ for the 65+ demographic.
- How relationships over AUM lead to a profitable business.
- Follow RethinkFA on LinkedIn
- Connect with Keena Pettijohn on LinkedIn
- Connect with Dorothy Hinchcliff on LinkedIn
- Check out LifeLogixs
- Check out Rethinking 65
Connect With Derek Notman:
- LinkedIn: Derek Notman
- LinkedIn: Conneqtor
- Twitter: Derek Notman
- Twitter: Conneqtor
- Facebook: Conneqtor
- YouTube: Derek Notman
Connect With Adam Holt:
- LinkedIn: Adam Holt
- LinkedIn: Asset-Map
- Facebook: Asset-Map
- Twitter: Asset_Map
- YouTube: Asset-Map
You are able to listen to the full podcast here.