Does your advice suck? Featuring Carl Richards in the Financial Advice Podcast Episode 35.
“Your advice is not as good as you think.” – Derek and Adam have a unique debate on how we can rethink the advice profession even more. Do we have our titles right? Are 30-year retirement projections a righteous trick? Are financial professionals even listening? Join us for this fun, cheeky, and insightful chat featuring Carl Richards’ insightful commentary on the state of the advice profession.
Carl, Adam & Derek discuss:
- How Carl got into the financial industry by mistake
- What is a real financial planner?
- The neverending alignment of your use of capital (time money energy and attention) with what’s important to your clients = real financial advice. Everything else is a righteous trick.
- Real financial advice is under no threat of fee compression or going away. Being more human = solution to perceived threat
- How to be curious longer to give better advice/solutions.
- Are your clients climbing the wrong ladder?
- And lots more!
- Connect with Carl on LinkedIn
- Check out the Behavior Gap website
- Buy Carl’s books: “The Behavior Gap” and “The One-Page Financial Plan”
- Follow RethinkFA on LinkedIn
- Apply to be a guest on the RethinkFA Think Tank
Connect With Adam Holt:
- Schedule an Asset-Map Demo
- [email protected]
- LinkedIn: Adam Holt
- LinkedIn: Asset-Map
- Facebook: Asset-Map
- Twitter: Asset_Map
- YouTube: Asset-Map
Connect With Derek Notman:
- Schedule a Call with Derek
- LinkedIn: Derek Notman
- LinkedIn: Conneqtor
- Twitter: Derek Notman
- Twitter: Conneqtor
- Facebook: Conneqtor
- YouTube: Derek Notman